Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Randy Pausch

Hello everyone.
I was at work surfing the internet, I mean working very hard. :) I saw a headline for Randy Pausch. Now I had no idea who this man was but wow, he is incredible. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about two years ago. He has three children. He wrote a book called the Last Lecture. There was a Primetime special with Diane Sawyer back in April with him but I never saw it. I just watched the special in five parts on youtube.com Just go and search his name. I am starting to watch his last lecture which is "Acheiving your Childhood Dreams." It really is amazing. Sadly, he died on July 25, 2008. If you have time in your busy day, you really should watch it.

"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. "

Did you know that Kleenex tissues were originally used as filters in gas masks?
Did you know that the plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets?

No comments: